Conferences & Workshops
Conferences and workshops combine theory with practical applications to support exceptional teaching, learning and leadership. Events address major topics, such as addressing current challenges and opportunities in all aspects of teaching and learning, designing leading-edge curriculum, exploring best practices for those serving in any role, or developing current and aspiring leaders, often led by leading national or international experts.
Hallmark conference experiences include the Annual Conference, Trustee Day (an extension of the Annual Conference), the Heads Conference, the New Teacher Institute, the Academy for Division Heads, the Academy for NEW Leaders, and the ISACS Diversity Summit. These reoccurring events are complemented by new offerings designed to address the changing needs in our schools.
Workshops are generally one-day or two-day experiences offered to develop new skills, hear new research and consider the most current trends in education. Workshop participants also have the opportunity to interact with educational leaders and network with independent school colleagues. Workshops will be offered in a virtual format through December 2021 and may then be offered in downtown Chicago in the enhanced ISACS Classroom or at local hotel/conference locations. Please continue to check the ISACS website for updates on workshop and conference locations.
This year’s offerings will focus on virtual presentations
- Learning Bridge Webinars - an array of current and relevant topics (recordings available 4-6 weeks following the live presentation)
- Trustee Series - ten trustee-related webinar series (recordings available until July 31, 2022, or otherwise listed)
- Parent Series Webinars - an evening series to help parents support children beyond the school experience (recordings available 4-6 weeks following the live presentation).
- Visit our In Case You Missed It (ICYMI) Webinars webpage to register for access to available recorded presentations
Plans are Underway for the Following In-person Events in 2022:
- 2022 Heads Conference, will held Thursday, January 27 – Friday, January 28 in Chicago at the Swissotel
- 2022 Academy for Division Heads, will be held Thursday, February 3 – Friday, February 4 in Chicago – Additional details will be forthcoming
- For new heads of school, please visit 2021-22 New Heads Network to find ongoing events and support for heads in their first two years of headship
2021 Virtual Summer Programs included:
- 2021 New Teacher Institute (July 26-28)
- 2021 Balancing It All: A Workshop for Administrative Assistants (August 2-3)
- Transitioning Into Leadership as a Person of Color Webinar with Sumant Bhat (August 5)
Stay informed on the Annual Conference and other future PD Events:
- The 2021 Annual Conference has been cancelled.
- We hope to be in-person for 2022 in St. Paul, Minnesota (November 3-4, 2022)
- The 2022 Heads Conference will be an in-person event.
- We look forward to welcoming you in Chicago at the Swissotel (January 27-28, 2022).
Please continue to visit the ISACS website for additional updates regarding 2021-22 conferences and workshops, and visit the Future Dates webpage for upcoming Annual Conference, Trustee Day, and Heads Conference dates & details.