Conferences & Workshops
Conferences and workshops combine theory with practical applications to support exceptional teaching learning and leadership. They
address major topics, such as designing leading-edge curriculum, exploring best practices for those serving in any role, or developing aspiring leaders, often led by leading national or international experts.
Events offered regularly include the Annual Conference, Trustee Day (an extension of the Annual Conference), the Heads Conference, the New Teacher Institute, the Academy for Division Heads, and the Academy for NEW Leaders, and the ISACS Diversity Summit.
Workshops are one-day or two-day experiences to gain new skills, hear new research and consider the most current trends in education. Participants also have the opportunity to interact with educational leaders and network with independent school colleagues. Workshops are located in downtown Chicago in the enhanced ISACS Classroom or at local hotel/conference locations.
This year’s offerings will focus on 60-90 minute webinar series;
- Learning Bridge Webinars - various relevant topics (registration and recordings available, minimum of 4-6 weeks from live presentation.)
- Trustee Series - seven-part trustee-related webinar series (registration and recordings available till June 30, 2021, or otherwise listed)
- Tech Tuesday Webinars - limited series targeting technology in the classroom (registration and recordings available till June 30, 2021)
- Parent Series Webinars - limited evening series to help you support your children in these challenging circumstances (registration and recordings available till May 31, 2021).
- Visit our ICYMI Webinars webpage to register for access to available recorded presentations.
This year's in-person workshops and conferences were held virtually this year:
- The virtual 2021 Heads Conference, was held January 28-29.
- The virtual 2021 Academy for Division Heads, was held February 4-5.
- For new heads of school, please visit 2020-21 New Heads Network to find ongoing support for heads in their first two years of headship. ISACS will be offering a 2021-22 New Heads Network. Details will be forthcoming.
Upcoming 2021 Virtual Summer Programs include:
- 2021 Leadership Academy, a partnership with the Kellogg School Center for Nonprofit Management, June 22-24. Registration is now open.
- 2021 New Leaders in a Changed Landscape, A three-day program for new, emerging & aspiring leaders, June 16-18. Registration will open soon.
- 2021 New Teacher Institute, July 26-28. Registration will open soon.
- 2021 Workshop for Administrative Assistants, August 2-3. Registration will open soon.
Stay informed on the Annual Conference and other future PD Events:
- The 2021 Annual Conference has been cancelled. Visit the 2021 Annual Conference webpage for more details.
- The 2022 Heads Conference will be Thursday, January 27 - Friday, January 28 in Chicago at the Swissotel. Save the date. More details will be available in fall 2021.
- Check back periodically for more details on future 2021-22 conferences and workshops, and visit the Future Dates webpage for upcoming Annual Conference, Trustee Day, and Heads Conference dates.