Each unique, varying in identity, mission, culture, and program, ISACS member schools share ideals in the form of a set of common standards for good practice and a professional learning community. More than 240 member schools, serving over 90,000 students, count on ISACS for high quality accreditation services, professional development programs, and resources.
A 501(c)3 organization, ISACS was founded in 1908.
ISACS leads schools to pursue exemplary independent education.
ISACS schools empower all students to contribute and thrive in a diverse and changing world.
Statement of Equity & Inclusion
Through accreditation and other services, the Association will require and support the work of each ISACS school to provide an equitable, affirming, safe, and just environment.
- Promoting the health and well-being of all member schools and individuals in their communities, whatever their identity.
- Moving our schools and our association toward embracing difference while recognizing our commonalities and learning from each other.
- Promoting respect, the foundation of equity.
- Measuring each school against its success in meeting its own mission.
- Serving members and making decisions in a manner that is fair, honest, ethical, trustworthy, and based in principle.
- Developing strategic direction and initiatives in a context of mindfulness of our purpose and “the whole.”
- Providing a system of accreditation based in institutional selfreflection that facilitates a continuous process for schools to become “their best selves,” well aligned with good practice.
- Offering resources and services that help schools and individual educators learn and thrive.
- Using goal setting, data analysis, and reflection as an association to consider and direct our own work.
ISACS membership includes more than 240 independent schools.
ISACS schools serve more than 90,000 students.
ISACS membership draws independent schools from 13 states.