FREQUENTLY RAISED TOPICS
- Bruni, F. Where you go is not who you'll be: An antidote to the college admissions mania. Grand Central Publishing, 2015.
- Knorr, C. Explaining the news to our kids. Common Sense Media, 11/13/15.
- Lahey, J. The gift of failure. Harper, 2015.
- Pope, D. Doing school: How we are creating a generation of stressed-out, materialistic, and miseducated students. Yale University Press, 2003.
- Thompson. M., et al. Best friends, worst enemies: Understanding the social lives of children. Ballantine Books, 2001.
- Thompson, M., & Barker, T. The pressured child: Helping your child find success in school and life. Random House, 2005.
- Thomspon, M. & Kindlon, D. Raising Cain: Protecting the emotional life of boys. Ballantine Books,1999.
- Tips for parents and teachers: Helping children cope with acts of terrorism. National Assoc. of School Psychologists, 2011.
- Walsh, D. Smarter parenting, smarter kids: The one brain book you need to help your child grow brighter, healthier, and happier. Atria Books, 2012.
- Weissbourd, R. The parents we mean to be. Houghton Mifflin, 2009.
- Wiseman, R. Queen bees and wannabes: Helping your daughter survive cliques, gossip, boyfriends, and other realities of adolescence. Crown Publishing, 2002.