Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
FREQUENTLY RAISED TOPICS
- Anderson, M.D. Why schools need more teachers of color -- for white students. The Atlantic, 8/06/15.
- Costello, M. The Trump Effect: The impact of the 2016 presidential election on our nation's schools. Southern Poverty Law Center, 11/28/16.
- Fosberg, M. Incognito: An American odyssey of race and self-discovery. Perfect Bound, 2/15/11.
- Inazu, J.D. Confident pluralism: Surviving and thriving through deep difference. University of Chicago Press, 2016.
- Kane, P.R. & Orsini, A.J., Ed. The colors of excellence: Hiring and keeping teachers of color in independent schools. Teachers College Press, 2002.
- Kinsey, T.C. How schools can build unity in divided times. Independent Ideas blog, NAIS, March 19, 2017.
- Michael, A., & Bartoli, E. What while children need to know about race. Independent School, NAIS, Summer 2014.
- One and all: Strategies to protect students, reject bullying, and build communities where everyone thrives. Usable Knowledge, Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Resources for addressing racism and hatred in the classroom. ASCD. August 14, 2017.
- Safir, S. Fostering identity safety in your classroom. Edutopia, 2/19/16.
- Schneider, V. Classroom library assessment: How culturally responsive is your library? The Open Book blog, Lee & Low Books, 5/22/17.
- Wilson, D. Taking steps to support transgender students and school communities. The Independent School Magazine Blog, NAIS 11/01/16.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS