- ISACS, Strategic Planning Guidance, 2022
FREQUENTLY RAISED TOPICS
- Effective Board Retreats 101, Mary Menacho, August 2020
- 2018 NAIS governance study. NAIS, November 2019.
- Crotty, M. & Foster, R. Trustees as the leading learners. The Trustee's Letter, Educational Directions, May/June 2017.
- Daggett, C. Strategic process. ISACS, 2014; updated 2019.
- Garry, J. How to think about mergers and collaborations (with Nadja Shmavonian). Joan Garry Podcast, Episode 63.
- Effective board governance videos. SAIS, 2019.
- Board chair and chief executive partnership. BoardSource, 2017.
- Daggett, C. Don't go near the water. The Trustee's Letter, Educational Directions, May/June 2016.
- Daggett, C. (Ed.) Evaluation of the head of school. Adapted from Bassett., P., 1997, and Shahan, K., 2013. ISACS, 2018.
- Daggett, C. Out the door: What we can learn from abrupt departures from headship. The Trustee's Letter, Independent Thinking, June 2018.
- Evans, R. Why a school doesn’t run – or change – like a business. Independent School. NAIS, Fall 2015.
- ISACS standards for membership. ISACS, revised 2017.
- Leading with intent: 2017 national index of nonprofit board practices. BoardSource, 2017.
- The NAIS head search handbook: A strategic guide for the search committee, 2nd edition. NAIS, 2018.
- Orem, D. & Wilson, D. Trustee handbook, 10th edition. NAIS, 2015.
- Principles of good practice: Board of trustees. NAIS, 2012.
- Principles of good practice: Independent school trustees. NAIS, 2005.
- Shahan, K. (Ed.) Board self-evaluation Instrument – Individual board members. ISACS, 2014.
- Shahan, K. (Ed.) Board self-evaluation Instrument – Whole board. ISACS, 2014.
- Weaver, R. Board room: What you need to know about executive sessions. Independent School, NAIS, summer 2018.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS