SAVE THE DATE!
Registration for the 2023 New Teacher Institute
will open this spring.
Questions or to receive information regarding registration,
please contact Karen Zeitlin at email@example.com
The New Teacher Institute will host a team of national experts to work directly with participants to help prepare them for new positions in your schools. The transitioning of new teachers is important at every level, but most significantly for the students they will teach. Investing in the new teacher at this pivotal point can encourage the development of essential attitudes and skills that will allow your new teachers to thrive and commit fully to your school. You have attracted the best and can now begin to support and retain them though the challenging and unfamiliar circumstances we are all facing. Now, more than ever, they need our support, and you need them to be successful at your school
Who Should Attend
Independent school educators in the first two years of their teaching experience.
This energizing Institute will provide new teachers with the strategies essential for a successful start to their teaching careers. The Institute will also allow participants to begin building the foundations for long and successful careers in independent schools. Sessions and content will reflect best practices and will support the development of skills in the essential understandings of teaching and learning in independent schools including:
- Understanding Independent Schools
- Working with Today’s Independent School Parents
- Classroom Management: Routines and Procedures
- Using Technology to Increase Student Engagement, Voice & Choice
- Communication Basics
- Backward Curricular Design
- Legal Basics for Educators
- Cultural Competencies for Educators
- Supporting Student Wellness
- Ongoing opportunities to share, process and discuss with colleagues in similar roles
Participants will engage in both large and small groups for presentation and conversation.
Benefits to the School
School communities expect and require new teachers to be highly effective on the first day of school. Often, there is more information than can be processed effectively without overloading the new teacher. Participants will learn best practices at a manageable pace to help them succeed and fully commit to your school.
Dates & Times
To maximize the impact of the Institute, participants should make plans to participate fully in all sessions. Times will be listed in central and eastern; breaks are built into the agenda. We encourage and invite participants to engage with their video on whenever possible.
- The New Teacher Institute will be held Wednesday, July 26 - Friday, July, 28, 2023 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm central/9:00 am - 4:00 pm eastern.
Community of Learners
We ask everyone to enter sessions as listeners, learners, and thoughtful contributors. We welcome a variety of perspectives with a focus on understanding as opposed to debating. We hope each session serves as a springboard to additional conversations and thank you for your willingness to respectfully listen and learn. Our goal is to create and protect a trusting community where it is safe to share with each other. To that end, ISACS prohibits the recording of any portion of the webinar as well as the unapproved posting of presenter or participant comments or resources from ISACS sessions.
2023 New Teacher Institute Agenda
How to Register for the Institute:
To register for any ISACS event, you MUST be logged into your contact record in the new system.
Registration Information & Fees
- $350 per person for ISACS member.
- $425 per person for non-member.
- Each partiicipant must register themselves for the New Teacher Institute.
- The New Teacher Institute is open to new teachers from member and non-member schools
- The New Teacher Institute will be offered virtually via Zoom.
- A Zoom pre-registration link and additional pre-registration details will be provided to registrants.
- The recordings will be available to registrants until September 30, 2023. The links to the recordings will be exclusive to the registrant and recorded links cannot be shared with non-registrants. Content and conversations that occur in breakout rooms will not be recorded so recordings will be incomplete.
Cancellation & Questions?
Cancellation Policy for Virtual Programming
No refunds will be provided for the New Teacher Institute. Registration may be transferred to another member from the same school until Friday, July 21.
Please contact Karen Zeitlin, Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.