Teaching & Learning Resources Archive
- Wood, C. Yardsticks: Child and adolescent development, ages 4-15 (4th edition). Center for Responsive Schools. 2017.
Civic Engagement, School Partnerships & Service Learning
- Daggett, C. School as citizen, near and far. The Head's Letter, Educational Directions, January 2016.
- Wong, A. Civics education helps create young voters and activists. The Atlantic, 10/05/18.
General Resources on Teaching & Pedagogy
- Independent Teacher Magazine, NAIS.
- Lemov, D. Teach like a champion 2.0. Jossey-Bass, 2014.
- Resource toolkit for new teachers. Edutopia, 5/10/15.
- Schwartz, M. When kids have structure for thinking, better learning emerges. MindShift, 3/31/16.
- Wallis, C. How seeing and using gestures make ideas more meaningful. MindShift, from The Hechinger Report, 10/25/17.
- Webb, J. Dare to jump. SmartBrief, 4/24/18.
- Willingham, D.T. Are you a visual or auditory learner? It doesn't matter. New York Times, 10/04/18.
- Wong, H.K, & Wong, R.T. The first days of school, 5th edition. Wong, Harry K. Publications, 2018
- Thompson, M.G. & Mazzola, A.F. Understanding independent school parents. Wise Teacher Press, 2012.
Project Based Learning, Making, Progressive Education
- Berger, R. We learn by doing. What we get wrong about Bloom's Taxonomy. Education Week, 9/25/18.
- Crawford, M. Shop class as soulcraft. Penguin Random House, 2009.
- Maker Space for Education
- Martinez, S.L. Blog posts on project-based learning.
Student-teacher Relationships & Responsive Classroom
- Boyd, H. 6 ways to develop rapport with students. Edutopia, 8/24/18.
- Denton, P. The power of our words: Teacher language that helps children learn. Center for Responsive Schools, 2013.