School Culture Archive
Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Abrams, J. Having hard conversations. Corwin, 2009.
- Demonstrations and Protests
- Can schools punish students for protesting the national anthem? PBS News Hour, 10/07/16.
Health Services and Immunization
- Immunization requirements by state. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Loss, Trauma & Crisis
- Critical incident reactions. Indiana Crisis Response Team.
- Evans, R. Crisis coping 102: Taking care of the caregivers. EdWeek, 11/21/01.
- Evans, R. Helping students cope with suicide.
- Grief: Guidelines for teachers. Indiana Crisis Assistance Response Team.
- Helping children cope with terrorism -- Tips for families and educators. National Association of School Psychologists, 2015.
- How children grieve. Indiana Crisis Assistance Response Team.
- Knorr, C. Explaining the news to our kids. Common Sense Media, 11/13/15.
- What staff and adults need to know about adult reactions. Indiana Crisis Assistance Response Team.
- When bad things happen: Tips for parents and educators on talking to kids about the unthinkable and inevitable events in life. Usable Knowledge, Harvard Graduate School of Education. 4/16/15.
- Evans, R. Why a school doesn’t run – or change – like a business. Independent School, NAIS, Fall 2015.
Sexual Misconduct, Child Abuse & Neglect: Response & Prevention
- The five steps to protecting our children. Darkness to Light (D2L).
- Johnson, L.S. Guidelines for dealing with educator sexual misconduct. NAIS, 2012.
- Mandatory reporters of child abuse and neglect. Child Welfare Information Gateway, 2014.
- Prevention and Response: Recommendations for School Leaders from the Independent School Task Force on Educator Sexual Misconduct, NAIS & TABS, 3/05/18.
- Wilson, D. Protecting students from educator misconduct. Independent School, NAIS, winter 2018.