Parents Resources Archive
Child Development & Parenting
- Boys and masculinity in America. Weekend Edition, NPR, 9/28/18. (Interview with Michael Thompson)
- Bronson, B., & Merryman, A. NurtureShock: New thinking about children. Twelve, 2011.
- Brooks, R. Raising resilient children: Fostering strength, hope, and optimism in your child. McGraw-Hill Books, 2001.
- Bruni, F. Where you go is not who you'll be: An antidote to the college admissions mania. Grand Central Publishing, 2015.
- Evans, R. Family matters: How schools can cope with the crisis in childrearing. Wiley, 2002.
- Gurian, M., et al. Boys and girls learn differently. Jossey-Bass, 2010.
- Lahey, J. The gift of failure. Harper, 2015.
- Mogel, W. The blessing of a B-: Using Jewish teachings to raise resilient teenagers. Scribner, 2010.
- Mogel, W. The blessing of a skinned knee: Using Jewish teachings to raise self-reliant children. Penguin, 2001.
- Ravitch, D. 'What do teenagers want?'' NAIS website, 12/22/04.
- Rope, K. Six things parents can do to raise kids to be confident decision-makers. Washington Post, 10/02/18.
- Shipman, C., et al. The confidence gap for girls: 5 tips for parents of tween and teen girls. New York Times, 10/02/18.
- Thompson. M., et al. Best friends, worst enemies: Understanding the social lives of children. Ballantine Books, 2001.
- Thompson, M., & Barker, T. The pressured child: Helping your child find success in school and life. Random House, 2005.
- Thomspon, M. & Kindlon, D. Raising Cain: Protecting the emotional life of boys. Ballantine Books,1999.
- Walsh, D. Smarter parenting, smarter kids: The one brain book you need to help your child grow brighter, healthier, and happier. Atria Books, 2012.
- Weissbourd, R. The parents we mean to be. Houghton Mifflin, 2009.
- Wiseman, R. Queen bees and wannabes: Helping your daughter survive cliques, gossip, boyfriends, and other realities of adolescence. Crown Publishing, 2002.
- Evans, R. Crisis coping 102: Taking care of the caregivers. EdWeek, 11/21/01.
- Evans, R. Helping children cope with tragic loss. 2001.
- Knorr, C. Explaining the news to our kids. Common Sense Media, 11/13/15.
- Tips for parents and teachers: Helping children cope with acts of terrorism. National Association of School Psychologists, 2011.