REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED FOR
THE NEW TEACHER INSTITUTE.
If you have just hired new teachers and would like to register them for access to the on-demand recordings (registration fees will apply), please contact Karen Zeitlin for more details at email@example.com.
The New Teacher Institute will host a team of national experts to work directly with participants to help prepare them for new positions in your schools. The transitioning of new teachers is important at every level, but most significantly for the students they will teach. Investing in the new teacher at this pivotal point can encourage the development of essential attitudes and skills that will allow your new teachers to thrive and commit fully to your school. You have attracted the best and can now begin to support and retain them though the very challenging and unfamiliar circumstances we are all facing. Now, more than ever, they need our support.
Who Should Attend
Independent school educators in their first two years of teaching experience.
This energizing Institute will provide new teachers with the strategies essential for a successful start to their teaching careers. The Institute will also allow participants to begin building the foundations for long and successful careers in independent schools. Sessions and content will reflect best practices and will support the development of skills and understanding in the following areas:
- Forming a Community of Learners, What is an Independent School?, What to Expect the First Year – Jill Webb
- Understanding & Partnering with Independent School Parents – Michael Thompson
- Culturally Responsive Teaching: Creating Pathways for Learning – Jeff Utecht
- Communication Basics - Surviving a Bear Attack – Ken Rogers
- The Legalities of the Current Circumstances – Dana Fattore Crumley
- What You Bring, What You Need, Setting Expectations, Classroom Management, Knowing the Student, What Was Said, What Was Heard: The Power of Our Words – Jill Webb
- Developing Cultural Competency – Brian Corley
- Working with Resistance – Dave Mochel
- Support Beyond the Institute – Meet for facilitated conversations throughout the school year where new teachers can continue to learn from each other.
Participants will engage in both large and small groups for presentation and conversation.
Benefits to the School
School communities expect and require new teachers to be highly effective on the first day of school. Often, there is more information than can be processed effectively without overloading the new teacher. Participants will learn best practices at a manageable pace that will extend beyond the dates of the formal institute.
- $225 per person for ISACS member
- $300 per person for non member
- First registrant pays full fee, each additional registrant receives a $25 discount
- The New Teacher Institute is open to new teachers from member and non member schools.
- The Institute will be offered virtually via Zoom. Zoom links and additional pre-registration details will be provided. We encourage participation in all sessions to maximize the experience for all participants.
ISACS hopes that you will actively participate in New Teacher Institute in its entirety. However, we understand the unique and ongoing challenges of working from home. Therefore, ISACS will record each of the sessions. Content and conversations that occur in breakout rooms will not be recorded so recordings will be incomplete. The recordings will be available to registrants until August 31, 2020. The links to the recordings (password protected) will be exclusive to the registrant and recorded links cannot be shared with non-registrants.