Over two weeks, this unique virtual learning experience is designed to deliver content that will help you navigate during these challenging times of Covid-19, while helping you to build a network of supportive colleagues. Each week of the program you will have three opportunities to engage with Kellogg faculty and program participants. Kellogg faculty members will lead a dynamic three-hour session to share concepts, tools, and strategies that will help you become a stronger school leader. Each session will be followed, on another day, with a 90-minute applied session, focusing on cohort building through the creation of action plans. The learning application, facilitated by faculty member and academic director Gail Berger, will provide an important opportunity for reflection and implementation of ideas.
Each content area of the program will provide you new ideas, theories, and best practices that are directly relevant to your work as a school leader during this crisis. Moreover, each session is focused on enhancing the effectiveness of your communication with different constituents who need to be considered during this time. First, you will consider how you market to the community and manage enrollment. Next, you will have an opportunity to explore relationships with your board. Finally, you will leave with tools to maximize the efficacy of your communication through digital visualization.
Leadership Academy Brochure
Click here for the VIRTUAL 2020 Leadership Academy brochure.
Academy registrants must participate in its entirety. Sessions will not be recorded.
- Tuesday, July 7: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm central
- Thursday, July 9: 10:00 – 11:30 am central *
- Friday, July 10: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm central
- Tuesday, July 14: 10:00 – 11:30 am central *
- Thursday, July 16: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm central
- Friday, July 17: 10:00 – 11:30 am central *
Who Should Attend
Leaders of independent schools
Leadership Academy Topics
- Marketing Essentials for School Leaders with Kevin McTigue
- Board Partnerships with Megan Kashner
- Telling Stories Through Data with Steve Franconeri
Applied Learning sessions by Gail Berger for each topic presented.
Leadership Academy Faculty (in alphabetical order)
- Gail Berger
- Steve Franconeri
- Megan Kashner
- Kevin McTigue
The Academy will be hosted virtually by the Kellogg School Center for Nonprofit Management at Northwestern University.
- $1000 - ISACS member fee (per person)
- $1250 - non-member fee (per person)
- See below for details for partial scholarships and team discounts.
Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion will be provided by Kellogg School Center for Nonprofit Management to each participant who completes the Academy in its entirety.
Thanks to a grant from Skilling and Andrews Foundation, registrants from schools with assets of less than $13 million are eligible for partial scholarships. To determine your school’s assets, see the Statement of Financial Position from the most recent audit and find “Year-End Total Net Assets.” These scholarships are available for member and non-member schools.
Registrants from the same school will receive a team discount. The first registrant pays the full fee and additional registrant(s) receive a $200 discount. While the program was designed with heads in mind, we have found that it is a good fit for aspiring heads, CFOs, and other school leaders. We believe that participating with school colleagues can maximize the potential for applying the learning. Team discounts are available to member and non-member schools.
For more details about partial scholarship and team discount, please contact Karen Zeitlin at email@example.com.
Registration Confirmation Communications from ISACS
When registration for the Academy has been completed, the following communications will be sent from ISACS:
- An automatic email will be sent to the contact person on the registration confirming that registration has been completed.
- Approximately three weeks prior to the Academy, ISACS will send a confirmation email to the registrant with details for the Leadership Academy.
- Additional communications also will come directly from Kellogg, including pre-readings.
If you do not receive these emails prior to arriving at the Academy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be no refunds for the 2020 Leadership Academy. At any time, registration may be transferred to another member from the same school.
Please contact email@example.com.