Thursday Morning Coffee & Keynote Sponsor
2020 HEADS CONFERENCE
An Annual Exploration of School Leadership
January 30-31, 2020
Online registration is now closed for the 2020 Heads Conference.
If you are interested in attending, please contact the ISACS office at (312) 750-1190.
Click here for the digital brochure.
Dates and Time
The conference will begin at 9:30 am (registration at 8:30 am) on Thursday, January 30 and will conclude at 2:45 pm on Friday, January 31, 2020.
- Caroline Adelman & Kelly Dunn, Chicago Psychotherapy, LLC
- Palmer Ball, Palmer Ball Consulting
- Deborah Daniels, Krieg DeVault & Gareth Vaughan, Park Tudor School (IN)
- Randall Dunn & Georgy Ann Peluchiwski, Latin School of Chicago (IL)
- Liz Hofreuter, Wheeling Country Day School (WV), Luke Felker, The Bay School of San Francisco (CA) & Dawn Klus, ISACS
- Kathryn Beaumont Murphy, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- Jason Patera, Chicago Academy for the Arts (IL)
- Mike Vachow, Knuckleball Consulting & Carly Andrews, Baker Demonstration School (IL)
- Geoff Wagg, Waynflete School (ME)
Click here for keynote and featured speaker bios.
Schedule & Session Descriptions
- Click here to view a one-page schedule
- Click here to view the conference session descriptions
- Session Schedule is also linked above in the "View Session Schedule" button
Thank you to our
2020 Heads Conference sponsors:
Thursday Breakfast Sponsor
CCS is a strategic fundraising firm that partners with nonprofits for transformational change. We plan, manage, and implement programs that achieve fundraising goals and mission impact.
Thursday Keynote Sponsor
Magnus Health is the most innovative way to collect, track, and manage student health information.
Flik Independent School Dining
Thursday Reception & Dinner Sponsor
Flik is a diverse family of food and nutrition specialists dedicated to providing the academic community with fun, healthy on-site dining options. As the only dining services company specializing exclusively in private and independent school education, Flik understands your community's needs and what it takes to meet them. Flik’s chefs use fresh local ingredients and world-class culinary techniques to provide students with innovative, diverse menus. From expansive, colorful salad bars to soups made from scratch, Flik works closely with each client to transform their school's dining hall into a source of pride and values.
Friday Breakfast Sponsor
Boundless Adventures is a full service Aerial Adventure Park, providing team-building field trips as well as general admission adventure.
12M Recruiting & Ed Tech Recruiting
Friday Keynote Sponsor
12M Recruiting and Ed Tech Recruiting run exceptional retained searches for senior leadership positions in the head's cabinet. We have an unparalleled commitment to diversity, intentionality, and longevity--and a success record to back that up. We serve all areas of school leadership, from technology and innovation to curriculum and operations.
Sage Dining Services
Friday Luncheon Sponsor
For 30 years, SAGE Dining Services® has been defining the standard in food service for independent schools and private colleges throughout North America. By cooking meals from scratch, sourcing local ingredients, providing attentive service, introducing communities to new cuisines, accommodating food allergies, and being financially transparent, SAGE creates exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community. Learn more at www.sagedining.com
Conference Location & Hotel Accommodations
The conference will take place at the Swissôtel, 323 E. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL.
ISACS has secured special discounted room rates at the Swissôtel:
- $157/night for standard king single or double occupancy.
- The room rates above include complimentary internet in the sleeping rooms and complimentary access to the health club.
- Please note that any reservation cancelled within 48 hours of arrival date will be charged one-night room and tax.
Please call the hotel directly at 888-737-9477 to make a reservation and use the group code "ISACS 2020 Heads Conference." The discounted rooms are available until 5:00 pm Central Time, Friday, January 17, 2020. Click here to make an online reservation.
If you are having problems booking a hotel room at the discounted rate, please call the ISACS office at (312) 750-1190, and the ISACS staff will assist you.
Reception & Dinner - Thursday, January 30, 2020
All registrants and spouses/partners are invited to attend the conference reception and dinner at Osteria Via Stato. The reception will be held from 6:00-7:00 p.m. with dinner to follow until 9:00 p.m. Transportation will be provided. Reception/dinner is included in your registration fee; pre-registration is required during online registration. You can select to attend reception only, dinner only, or reception/dinner. If you are bringing a spouse/partner, there is an additional fee of $100. Please call the ISACS office to register and pay for your guest. There is no on-site registration for the dinner.
Directions and Parking
- Click here for 2020 Heads Conference map.
- Click here for directions, taxi rates, public transportation and parking information for the Swissôtel.
- Special daily parking at the Swissôtel is $30 per day for the Heads Conference (Please obtain a voucher from the ISACS registration area to receive the daily discounted parking rate. Special overnight parking rates are $54 per night. If you drive a hybrid car, the Swissotel provides a discount.)
GO Airport Express (Share-a-Ride) Shuttle Service
ISACS has negotiated a special rate with GO Airport Express for ISACS members – 15% off standard rates. Reservations must be made in advance and online to receive the discounted rate. The standard rate per person to/from O’Hare is approximately $28 one-way; $49 round-trip. The standard rate per person to/from Midway is approximately $24 one-way; $40 round-trip. To receive the 15% discount off the standard rates, please see Go Airport Express to make a reservation in advance. A credit card is required and charged at the time of reservation. Airport walk-ups are not eligible for the discounted rate, standard rates apply. Parties of two or more reserving at the same time receive a discount.
- $650 - head of member school
- $750 - head of non-member school
- 50% discount for those new heads registered for the ISACS year-long New Heads Network program. If you are enrolled in the New Heads Network, please call the ISACS office at (312) 750-1190 to receive a coupon code before registering for the Heads Conference.
- Registration fee includes two continental breakfasts, two banquet lunches, and Thursday evening’s reception and dinner.
Registration Confirmation Communications from ISACS
When registration for the Heads Conference has been completed, the following communications will be sent from ISACS:
- An email will be sent automatically to the contact person on the registration confirming that registration has been completed.
- Approximately three weeks prior to the Heads Conference, ISACS will send a confirmation email to the registrant with details.
If you do not receive these emails prior to arriving at the Heads Conference, please call the ISACS office at (312) 750-1190.
Cancellations must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 10 business days prior to the Heads Conference to receive a 50% refund.
If you have any questions, please call the ISACS office at (312) 750-1190.