Thank you for your interest in the New Teacher Institute. Please contact Karen Zeitlin at email@example.com if you would like to register to access the recordings and resources from the 2021 New Teacher Institute. Most sessions were recorded (other than breakouts) and would be beneficial to your new teachers . Recordings are available until 9/30/21.
The New Teacher Institute will host a team of national experts to work directly with participants to help prepare them for new positions in your schools. The transitioning of new teachers is important at every level, but most significantly for the students they will teach. Investing in the new teacher at this pivotal point can encourage the development of essential attitudes and skills that will allow your new teachers to thrive and commit fully to your school. You have attracted the best and can now begin to support and retain them though the challenging and unfamiliar circumstances we are all facing. Now, more than ever, they need our support.
Who Should Attend
Independent school educators in their first two years of teaching experience.
This energizing Institute will provide new teachers with the strategies essential for a successful start to their teaching careers. The Institute will also allow participants to begin building the foundations for long and successful careers in independent schools. Sessions and content will reflect best practices and will support the development of skills and understanding in the essential understandings of teaching and learning in independent schools including:
- Understanding Independent Schools
- Working with Today’s Independent School Parents
- Classroom Management: Routines and Procedures
- Blended Learning: The New Normal
- Communication Basics
- Backward Curricular Design
- Legal Basics for Educators
- Cultural Competencies for Educators
- Working with Resistance
- Ongoing opportunities to share, process and discuss with colleagues in similar roles
Participants will engage in both large and small groups for presentation and conversation.
Benefits to the School
School communities expect and require new teachers to be highly effective on the first day of school. Often, there is more information than can be processed effectively without overloading the new teacher. Participants will learn best practices at a manageable pace that will extend beyond the dates of the formal institute.
Dates & Times
To maximize the impact of the Institute, participants should make plans to participate fully in all sessions. Times listed in central and eastern; breaks are built into the agenda.
- Monday, July 26: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm central/9:00 am – 4:00 pm eastern
- Tuesday, July 27: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm central/9:00 am – 4:00 pm eastern
- Wednesday, July 28: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm central//9:00 am – 4:00 pm eastern
New Teacher Institute Agenda
- $300 per person for ISACS member
- $375 per person for non-member
- The New Teacher Institute is open to new teachers from member and non-member schools
- Each new teacher must register themselves. Before registering, please review the section above "How to Get Registered"
- The Institute will be offered virtually via Zoom. A Zoom link and additional pre-registration details will be provided. We encourage participation in all sessions to maximize the experience for all participants
- ISACS hopes that you will actively participate in New Teacher Institute in its entirety. However, we understand the unique and ongoing challenges of this year and ISACS will record each of the sessions. Content and conversations that occur in breakout rooms will not be recorded so recordings will be incomplete. The recordings will be available to registrants until September 30, 2021. The links to the recordings will be exclusive to the registrant and recorded links cannot be shared with non-registrants.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Prior to registering, please review the New Teacher Institute Registration Instructions PDF.
Cancellation Policy for Virtual Programming
No refunds will be provided for the New Teacher Institute. Registration may be transferred to another member from the same school until July 23.