Resources > Finance and Operations
Finance, Facilities, & Operations
Associations & Organizations
Campus Safety & Security
Facilities & Classroom Design
- Bleasdale, K. "Creating a learning environment for today's students." New Zealand Education Gazette, 6/04/15.
- Clayton, M. Classroom spaces that work. Center for Responsive Schools, 2001.
- OWPP /Cannon Design et. al. The third teacher: 79 ways you can use design to transform teaching & learning. Abrams Books, 2010.
- Phillips, M. "A place for learning: The physical environment of classrooms." Edutopia, 8/05/14.
- Schafer, L. "Old school? Giving teachers a voice in designing the learning environments of the 21st Century." Usable Knowledge, Harvard Graduate School of Education, 5/24/16.
- Wilson, D. “The ADA and independent schools.” NAIS website. 6/13/15.
- Wilson, D. “American Disabilities Act: New regulation of your physical space.” NAIS website (password required). 11/01/11.
- Bassett, P., wtth update from Shahan, K. "Tuition remission." February, 2014.
- Daggett, C. “Teacher salary benchmarks in the ISACS region, 2014-2015.” President’s Update, ISACS, Feb. 2015.
- Littleford, J. “Compensation trends for teachers.” Littleford & Associates, fall 2000.
- Daggett, C. "Tuition benchmarks in the ISACS region, 2014-2015." President's Update, ISACS, December 2014.
- Daggett, C. "Average day school tuition, K-PG, ISACS & NAIS medians, fall 2006-2015." President's Update, ISACS, December 2015.
- Davis, D. "Automatic re-enrollment: 'Til graduation do we part." Net Assets, NBOA, November/December 2015. (Access requires NBOA member password.)
- "New requirements for employers' background checks and social security number usage." Schulte, Roth & Zabel, 12/02/12. (Addresses new Federal requirements; check with counsel for state requirements.)
- Pass, C., Lee, G., & Broadwater, H., Venable LLC. The independent school guide to employee handbooks. NAIS, 6/30/08. (PDF for purchase)
- Shields, J. "Be prepared for new over-time rules." NBOA blog, 5/17/16; and "Final rule: Overtime." U.S. Department of Labor Wage & Hour Division.
From the Archives
- Bassett, P. “Building: Campus planning.” ISACS, 11/04/97.
- Bassett, P. “Building: Master planning and school building.” ISACS, 6/16/97.
- Bassett, P. “Building: School design for 21st C schools.” ISACS, 3/01/99.
- Bassett, P. “Benefits plan (sample).” ISACS, 8/01/99.
- Bassett, P. “Compensation: New thinking for 21st C schools.” Independent School, NAIS, spring 2000.
- Bassett, P. “Compensation philosophy.” ISACS, 10/26/99.
- “Compensation: Broad-banding sample.” Louisville Collegiate School, January 2001.
- Kelley, C. & Odden, A. “Compensation: Reinventing teacher compensation.” Consortium for Policy Research in Education, 1995.